There will be soon an open position for a pre-doc assistant at the University of Klagenfurt.
- Open/close data for application 6/10/21-27/10/21
- Start date mid November 2021
- 4 years contract
If you are interested in pursuing a PhD in a lively and international environment, and you have the ambition to contribute to science, you are quite welcome to contact me.
- Channel learning and modeling
- Neural information estimation
- Coding, decoding and autolearning
- Reinforcement learning for resource allocation
- Neural radio localization
B) Intelligent reflecting surfaces
- Technology modeling and design
- Metamaterials and controllable electronics
- System level modeling and control
- EM information theory and performance analysis
- Prototyping, measurements and applications
C) Drones for communications and communications for drones
- Drone-to-drone and drone-to-ground channel modeling
- Control and navigation in multi drones assisted networks
- Media access mechanisms and resource allocation
- Path planning
- Drone assisted radio localization
D) Signal and data processing for energy grids
- Smart grid and transactive energy modeling/optimization
- Grid diagnostics for predictive maintenance
- Power line communications
The successful candidate shall have:
- A master degree in electrical or computer engineering with high marks.
- Solid background in mathematics for engineering, statistical signal processing and communication theory.
- Proved background, depending on the specific research area above, in machine learning, or EM fields theory and RF electronics, or control theory.
- High analytic skills.
- Desire to engage in teaching activities.
- High communication and writing skills in English.