Smart car research
Next generation cars will offer a more sustainable and safe transportation experience. This will be enabled through advances in power train technology (hybrid and full electric), lightweight body structure, information and communication technology for full intra/inter control leading to autonomous driving.
In our lab, we are working in several areas:
- electrical vehicles, charging infrastructure models, integration with the electrical grid
- battery management systems
- in-vehicle networks and buses (wireless and power line)
- vehicular wireless communications
- wireless localization technology and navigation